Why not join our Befriending volunteers in our Here 2 Help and Here 2 Talk services, as a face to face, telephone or monthly group Befriender.
A Befriender is someone with a friendly face and sympathetic ear who visits a vulnerable person regularly, at an agreed time.
Befrienders provide company and help to do social activities, continue hobbies and take up new interests.
As a Befriender you will
- undergo a recruitment process
- become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme
- will receive training
- be given advice and support from the Befriending Coordinator
- attend meetings with other Befrienders
- be mindful of confidentiality
- complete monthly feedback forms
- report to the Befriending Coordinator