Passenger Assistants play an important role in helping get vulnerable people safely out and about in their community, allowing them to participate in activities, meet other people, do their shopping, get to health appointments or respite facilities and much more.
- assist accessible vehicle and minibus drivers with locating and picking up passengers
- help passengers safely board and disembark the vehicle
- assist wheelchair passengers on and off the accessible vehicle via the tail lift and safely secure their wheelchair in the vehicle
- maintain vehicle cleanliness
- help with removal and installation of vehicle seating
Passenger Assistants may also find themselves
- operating the ticket machine
- carrying shopping
- assisting at our Shopping Project
- light cleaning and maintenance jobs
Passenger Assistants will receive full training to help them in their role, including disability awareness sessions. We offer support to suit individual need. References can be provided for prospective employers.
For more information or to apply please contact Ros Munro on 01479 810004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org